dumptyboy

VR6 reading 99.9 mpg.FIXED.

My VR6 has read 99.9 mpg ever since I've owned it. I've replaced the whole wiring loom for the dash as the car had loom fire originally, I've also replaced the sensors on the thermostat housing and checked all the engine bay wiring for faults. The cluster still reads 99.9 mpg, so I would really appreciate it if someone could give me a list of things to check so that I can accurately read the mpg.

Is it possible that I left one of the cables unplugged behind the fuse board, would this explain my problem?

The forum search shows that a few early Corrados have had this problem and it's related to the pipe being loose on the back of the cluster, but obviously my VR does not have this set up!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Edited by dumptyboy

I pulled the fuse board down just now and found that the purple/white cable from the engine loom, was disconnected from the purple/white cable that comes down from the instrument cluster. Once reconnected my mpg now works as I should.

Happy days. :)