afterlife

Long time dubber - new to corrado's in notts!

Hi everyone,

I'm Mikey. I've been into the veedub scene for as long as I can remember as my parents were before me and over the past 12/13 years I've owned over 100 of them!

But this is my first corrado (technically, as my gf had one briefly when we first met but i never had much to do with that one). I've ended up with this one quite by accident actually although I've always fancied one...

I happen to own one of VW's 'other' coupe's... a MK2 Scirocco Scala 1.8i (8v) which is my baby; unfortunately in my wisdom I have managed to bend a valve in the Scirocco so it's now off the road. My original plan had been to replace the top end quickly with one from the forums or ebay but I have other plans now (16v ABF, cage, buckets etc).

So anyway, without my Scirocco I needed a car quickly for getting to work etc and I set about looking for a 'cheap car' in actual fact I was after anything with tax and test and not planning on buying another VW particularly (although a dub is always preferable) and then this Corrado 1.8 16v cropped up for the right money (no tax unfortunately!) so I plumped for it. I gave £475 and tbh it shows as she is no beauty queen... however mechanically she is spot on and that to me is the main thing. My initial plans had been to just use her but she is so much fun to drive that I am now planning to tidy her up and keep her as my daily and go balls out with the Scirocco... sounds like a plan in my book, although time is of a premium for me as I also have a T25 camper project and a MK2 polo breadvan project (as you do!) My girlfriend has a little mk4 polo 1.6 8v (surprisingly nippy) too so I definately have too many cars and parts of cars cluttering my life but thats the way I like it! haha!

Anyway, pics (which do the paintwork no end of justice)... please excuse the lack of cleanliness!

Oh andm one last thing, the guy I bought this off says that he bought it off someone on this forum so if anyone has any history/info for this car that would be greatly appreciated. Cheers....

IMAG0642_zps012b0e5d.jpg

IMAG0643_zpsb8b9f359.jpg

and a cheeky one of my scirocco:

IMAG0399_zps47575fde.jpg

Peace!

sounds good... and well deduced I dont recognise her! I'm actually no where near the city, Im up in North Notts, but its more like South Yorks really, I'm far closer to Doncaster and Sheffield then I am to Nottingham. Takes about an hour to get to Nottingham from here but only about 35 mins to get to sheffield!