Sign in to follow this  
JimVR6

Aqua Blue Pearl VR6 for £450 in West Yorks, Leeds

VR6 | Aqua Blue Pearl | West Yorks, Leeds

Price: £450

Description:

Hello, I advertised this earlier in the year and it received a lot of interest, a lot of the inquiries went no where and it didn't end up getting sold, it now sits in my unit and I have started doing bits to it but due to financial restraint amongst other things it must go. I'll sum up;

I bought this car last year, as a complete car. A 1993 Aqua Blue Pearl VR6 as a bit of a stop gap car, with the intention of eventually restoring it. I drove it around for a few months and had no problems, it then blew a radiator return hose on the MOT ramp (hose was just perished with age) and I had to limp it home. I left it in the garden a bit de-motivated, the tax ran down and then I got another car. It then got semi stripped when I got a good offer on the leather interior. This then turned into a few more items, although nothing too major is missing, the MISSING list is as follows;

Rear bench seat

Rear door cards

Rear bulb holders

Rear plinth

Front grill

Headlamps & fogs

Heater controls

Gear gator & stick

I have sourced some very good condition front cloth seats that will come with it. As I was planning on deleting the rear seats entirely. Aside from those items the car is complete, all of the running gear is intact. The sump gasket is brand new and just been replaced by me, I have a replacement rocker cover gasket that I have not fitted yet. The engine runs and the gear box is in perfect working order, it has done the usual Corrado galactic miles, 166 thousand or so, but I've got a box full of invoices and history, every MOT since new. I've just been tidying the underside up so I've spent a bit of time under the car. The wish bones have recently been rust proofed and painted by me, they also have some sort of sport poly bushes in. The car also has some unknown brand adjustable dampers on (I even have the damping key) It sits on the original speedlines that have been refinished in anthracite at some point. The window, spoiler and sun roof motors are still in. Off the top of my head, the spoiler works very slowly and only manually. I've got a first aid kit & a space saver spare I'll throw in.

Rot wise, it's very minimal. On the body theres maybe one small scab on the drivers door and a few small bubbles on one arch. There's a panel that sits under the rad that looks a bit worse for wear but I've seen that go on a few Corrados, not sure what its called but its not structural. Any surface rust I found under neath (ie on the sub frame) has been cleaned and treated and painted. All body panels are still intact and have no dents in. The paints actually very good.

Basically I just want it gone, it will run & drive onto a trailer, or roll. It's empty of oil currently as I changed the sump gasket but I can always re-fill it, even if its just to prove it runs fine. The front needs some pads but it will stop on the hand brake. I've even started refurbing the calipers.. Don't get me wrong, it is a project. But it is a 90% complete car that drives and a good starting point for somebody or for a donor vehicle to help another VR6 live. There is value in the parts left so I'm not going to GIVE the car away, but turn up with anything between £400-£450 and I'll happily let you trailer it away.

Car is located in Birstall, Leeds. Please e-mail ahead if you want to come have a look, I can do most week day evenings and weekends. I'm happy to answer any questions if you want to PM me. I'm sorry the photos aren't the best but they give you a general idea of the current state.

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3442/corr2z.jpg

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/8101/corr3.jpg

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/8337/corr4.jpg

Edited by JimVR6