ChargerCharger

Abs pump fault , light on + general corrado issues lol

Hello all ,

I've recently bought a vr6 corrado and have a list off things I want to fix on it , as with most corrados it's got a good things wrong .

Firstly is the abs light is on , I've had it plugged in by a friends scanner and the code

00276 - abs outlet valve , rear left . Had come up , guessing this is a fault within the actual pump ? What's the best course off action ? Can anything be done to my pump or is a second hand unit required ?

Secondly , I have to shake the key about to get the car to go to the ignition stage , then it will fire . Sometimes takes a minute or so to get this to happen . Is this common on corrados ? I want to use the Car and don't want to be let down , so is this a ignition switch or barrel fault ?

Another scan on the ecu gave the code 171978 - P1570 and was to do with immobiliser ?

Many thanks in advance :)

Ignition switches are a standard trouble spot, but if the alarm is set, you can't start the car either, and the code seems to indicate that the immobilizer is at fault. I've had that symptom happen by accidentally hitting my lock button on my aftermarket fob while in the car, and then it won't start when I put in the key. So it may be an innocuous code that once cleared doesn't come back. The ignition switch won't throw a code that I'm aware of.

The ABS code is worrisome, although I've often seen ghost codes that come and go when something else is wrong so I would take them with a grain of salt.

EDIT: Just realized this post was very old. Never mind...

Edited by a_riot