sankysvr6

G60 Rocker cover gasket

I'm replacing my rocker cover gasket on my G60.

Obviously I need to remove the ISV to access some the of the rocker cover bolts.

But what I want to know is once I've removed the stupid VW clips off the ISV, do you guys recommend re using them. Or replacing them with some jubilee clips.

I went with jubilee clips.

May also be worth investing in some silicone pipe to replace the rubber bit between the inlet manifold and isv... Mine disintegrated when I removed it

Great, will buy some clips tomorrow.

The rubber pipe between the ISV and the manifold, already had jubilee clip on it. But I still couldn't get that small pipe off the manifold. So I've sprayed some wd40 and will try ad get it off again, but the pipe looks intact at the moment. Will see about replacing it with some silicone pipe if it gets damaged.

Some of the bolts on the rocker cover were very loose, is that normal due to vibration. As I don't think the cover has been off before.

Well got 2 gaskets, one from GSF which was the Victor Reinz one and one from AVS which was the Erling one.

Both gaskets look pretty similar, but the Erling one has bits going around the sides. Just like the one I took off, so fitted that one.

So a word of advice, if anyone is ever changing the rocker cover gasket on G60. Is to try and buy an Erling one, as they look more like the original one.

Does anyone know the torque setting for the rocker cover bolts?

The workshop manual doesn't show a torque setting.

I would suggest tightening then a bit then driving, rinse and repeat until it doesn't leak.

Thanks Owen, I would have done what you said. But as its a G60, it's not that easy to get to the bolts as the back because of the ISV.

I tightened up as far I thought was tight enough, been on a bit of drive and all seems well and dry so far.

So that's another job to tick of the corrado to do list, lol.

But I don't think list will ever end.