dumptyboy

Wanted: VR6 stem seals! Elring or Victor Reinz.

Hi everyone. I'm looking for an unused set of either Elring or Victor Reinz stem seals for my VR. I've recently replaced my cylinder head with one I've reconditioned, and would like to rebuild the one that I removed ready for future use.

I know a few of you have bought gasket sets that have come with stem seals and possibly used just the gaskets, so if any one has a spare set kicking around then let me know.

Ps. I'm also looking for a new head gasket aswell if anyone has one?

Cheers.

Rob.

Why not just buy a full victor reinz head gasket kit? If your after stem seals and head gasket it would make logical sense to use all the other gaskets the set comes with?

Got exactly what you need surplus to requirements...

Victor Reinz - from a HG Kit - not used as we fitted a fully rebuild State 1 Head.

All sorted now mate, I ended up buying some off Stuey. I need to get some valve guides sorted now though, so if you know where I can get these any cheaper that what GSF sell them for, then let me know.

Cheers.

Try carparts4less

12 Febi guides for £45.24 if you use code saveme75 for 7.5% off or code cp5less for £5 off if you spend £50.

These guides come with the lip you have to machine off if you install aftermarket cams.

Try carparts4less

12 Febi guides for £45.24 if you use code saveme75 for 7.5% off or code cp5less for £5 off if you spend £50.

These guides come with the lip you have to machine off if you install aftermarket cams.

At £2.10 each for Febi guides they're a smidge over £25 from AVS (VW Spares) - link. Very rare that they're not the cheapest and they're all as good as OEM. Good service and fast delivery too!

I thought you only had to machine the lip off for 'high lift' cams? I'm rebuilding a head for 263s and now I'm worried I'm going to smash all my valves...

Stone

At £2.10 each for Febi guides they're a smidge over £25 from AVS (VW Spares) - link. Very rare that they're not the cheapest and they're all as good as OEM. Good service and fast delivery too!

I thought you only had to machine the lip off for 'high lift' cams? I'm rebuilding a head for 263s and now I'm worried I'm going to smash all my valves...

Stone

I forgot about AVS, bargain! I'm sure I looked at them when I was planning my build, oh well...

I tried some other guides from BGA that were soft as ****. The Febi ones are ok though.

I crushed my seals when I installed 263 with the valve guides set at the "lip" height. They were 50 thou high for me.[ATTACH]74180[/ATTACH]

Crushed seal at the top of pic.