anne t

1990 1.8 16v Exhaust

Hi ordered a exhaust back box,centre box S/Steel which according to listings fitted my car,bearing in mind i only needed the backbox thought i got a wee bargain.Had it up garage to be fitted none of these parts were going to match,my question is there a massive difference through the model range in the fitments,it was advertised to fit a G60 but other fitments included my model many thanks ANNE:scratch:

There is a fair bit of variation, some back boxes are interchangeable but the other sections vary more due to cat variation and in the case of the 1.8 16v, no cat at all. The biggest change was in the 1992 model year when all models changed from hook hangers to bar type.

Thanks ,the dates compatibility are 88-95 was just wanting to be sure before i get in touch with seller,i can,t even use the backbox.thanks ANNE

If they quote 88-95 they clearly don't know model and age differences, it's likely to be the later bar type hanger though.