tom_rob_89

Rear discs

Hi all I need to change my pads and discs but just wondering if its right that it has grooved discs on the back and smooth discs on the front?

Cheers Tom

Pretty sure the grooved discs have been added at some stage by a previous owner. I've had four Corrados and they all had standard discs all round.

Stick with standard rather than grooved.

No Corrado's came with grooved discs. They would have been put on by previous owner. Unless you are running over 200bhp standard discs will be good enough. Just remember when you fit new discs and pads they will need to bed themselves in so drive bit more carefully and start braking a bit earlier than normal

Prob worth changing the bearings on the rear too.. you'll have to put a race in the new discs anyway, may as well make a new one and whilst youre at it put a new bearing on too.

As Gaz says, fit new bearings, genuine VAG ones are worth paying a bit extra for. Don't over-tighten the retaining nut or they will wear out very quickly.

Don't forget to swap the ABS cages over to the new discs (sounds obvious but is easily forgotten.............).

Best wishes

RB

Good point about the ABS Cage... ive had to fish old discs out of the bin before to get the cages off. That was AFTER id refitted all the disc etc and realised the ABS light coming on. :lol: You can imagine the swearing of having to take it all apart again haha.

Best to buy new cages... I know Eurocarparts do 'ABS' discs where the cages come already on them but not sure these are that cost effective as the cages are not expensive from VW