Sign in to follow this  
Jim

AmD Tomorrow...

Right then!

Who should I be on the look out for? I know Andy (andyg60) is goin.. any one else?

The route down seems easy enough so I will give it a go.

Apparently it all kicks off at 9am.. i'll be there in my gold Saxo.

I'll be there in a black lupo sport.. Should be rolling in around 10 ish. Hope there are more G60's there this time. The AGM was mainly VR's. Nothing against VR'S but i am looking to buy a G60.

See you all there

I'll try and be there for 9am :D I'll hunt out that Saxo when I get there!

James, where are you travelling from? I'll be going up from Cirencester- wanna meet up? (then I can follow you- haven't got a clue where it is :wink: ).

I'll try and be there for 9am :D I'll hunt out that Saxo when I get there!

James, where are you travelling from? I'll be going up from Cirencester- wanna meet up? (then I can follow you- haven't got a clue where it is :wink: ).

That makes two of us mate... though it seems a relatively simple route.

I'll be joining M40 at junction 15 and then heading straight down to the junction for Bicester which is junction 9.. supposedly a pretty easy run.

There is a services on the M40 somewhere between junction 15 and 12... (*edit* Just looked and apparently between junctions 13 & 12 is the services...) could meet you there if you wanted? I dont know which direction you'd be coming in, from Cirencester?

Hah.. I just looked up Cirencester... you wont really even touch the M40, rather just skip over it on your way into Bicester.

That kinda rules that out then :(

Head over to AmD's site mate.. they have a little map with directions from the M40.. thats what I printed out and will be clutching the whole way down there tomorow :)

Hi,

not sure if your going to read this but I have haircut at 8 and leaving asap. Coming from gloucester, through cheltenham heading towards Oxford. No point you following me andy, have not got a clue either and cant be sure on time. Although it would be nice to have a little convoy

Missed your post, mate. I left AmD at 1-ish, so missed you :(

Was a good morning- I really need some new wheels for my 16v, come to think of it, I reeaaally neeed a VR6 :twisted:

Nice to meet Jim and Chris too :D

Was a nice day.. was really good to meet you Andy.. going for a spin in your Corrado just reminded me how much I missed mine. I really have got to get another Corrado!!

Nice to see you again too Chris.. starting to become a bit of a regular thing :)

Jeremy,

Yep - John Munyard took loads which are linked through a post on the eGroup.. but if you send me your email address, I can send you the 8 or so pictures I took if you like.

What a great day. Good to cu again Jim (people will start to talk) and meet up with Andy and Dan, and apologies to whoever else that I can't remember is on here.

Who else went on the dyno and what did you get? I meant to ask around to compare results but spent far too much time chatting in the garage and didn't.

I was quite chuffed to have got 202.4 (160.2 wheels) BHP and 196.2 lb ft out of my standard VR6 so now wondering what induction & the chip might do to it.

What you other guys out there getting?

Was very impressed at that figure Chris.. very healthy indeed! An induction kit and rechip would certainly give you a comfortable 5-10BHP on top of that I am sure.. :)

Did you get a chance to hear that Carbon Canister induction kit in the end??

Chris, reckon you'd be easily over 210 BHP :twisted: That's an amazing standard engine you've got- sure it hasn't been chipped already :wink:

Unfortunately no, didn't get to hear the CC induction kit so still on my list of must dos.

Yep, the thing is definitely standard :D

The question I have to answer tho' is what type of rechip to go for.

How do I decide whether to change the original one or to go for the separate unit piggy-back job?

Have to admit that I'm a bit wary of the add-on because of cutting into the wiring; if the performance of the different types is comparable I'm inclined more towards an actual chip change.

There are bound to be pros and cons so what do you guys who've done it reckon?

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure

I think chip change is definately the best way.. I am sure if you speak to both Stealth and AmD you will get a pretty good idea of what is the best solution.

Yes Jim I spent a good bit of time talking to both about this & feel same as you. Tks for reply. Want to do suspension first tho