Sign in to follow this  
muskie

stiff throttle

hi guys and gals, i am new here although not new to vw's had loads of golfs and scirroco's over the years and fancied a corrado for something different. spent about three weeks lookig at them and travelling all over the place trying to find not a minter but a genuine car.anyway bought a 2litre 16valve 1993 2 owners in genuine condition still with the first aid kit in it. wasnt really worried about 150,000 miles with the full vag history and it drives well.

the problem is that the throttle pedal is really stiff and i mean really stiff has anyone encountered this before :?: is it common or not any ideas before i buy a throttle cable and dont need to :wink:

thanks for help in advance and hi to you all.

Welcome to the forum :)

1) Change the cable

Job done :)

i would change it soon, i didnt know what was happening with mine until it snapped on me. its not the most expensive part, a bit of a pain to install but get it done as soon as possible.

Yep, it's only about £15 as I recall, not a hard job IMO, at least on the 16v., erm, which yours isn't!

change the rubber gromet on the pedal as if the pedel is stiff the grommit will be out of shape. its costs lest than £1 to replace

job done, took about 40 mins and genuine part was £22 inc vat. i cannot believe how it has changed the car.fantastic. it was a build up of crap and stale grease that was causing the problem.