Rado89

G60 water channels pressurising - HELP!!!

Someone please help me. My G60 blew it's heater matrix core at the end on January, I looped the pipes going to and from the matix core and I could feel the pipe pressurising. I saw fit to replacing the head gasket along with the thermostat, rad and temp sensors, water bottle and cap. Much to my dissapointment this hasn't sorted the problem. Has anyone got any suggestions to what else it could be?? I'm lost as to what else it could be now. Thanks Phil

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:09 PM ----------

bottom rad pipe doesn't seem to be getting hot, could this mean my rad is blocked?? I'm not running a thermostst at the minuite so it can't be sticking shut.

Phil.

Edited by Rado89

because I removed it because it was stuck shut and i didnt have one to replace it with. I will replace it once the new item arrives.

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

because I removed it because it was stuck shut and i didnt have one to replace it with. I will replace it once the new item arrives.

Abit of a newbie question, where is the heater exchanger located??

Yeah don't run without - will take ages to warmup and therefore the ecu will stick on the enrichment cycle using loads of fuel - will eventually kill the lambda probe.

The HE is the silver box that the oil filter screws into - you'll see the 2 coolant hoses connected to it - basically if you get oil and water mixing then this is the first place to look although the issue you're getting is usually head gasket as exhaust gases pressurise the cooling system but you've changed it - maybe worth getting a garage to do a sniff test of the header tank to see if any exhaust gases are present.

Hmm - it's not ideal but it should run ok with the matrix bypassed

It's almost like the water pump isn't working - is coolant flowing round do you think??

Blockages are very unlikely unless you've found something that might cause it - like a broken pump impeller or parts of the stat missing?

Ah sorry, thought you'd fitted that already!

Yes, fit that with a new stat and hosing - only fit these though if you have genuine VW parts - good time to get the charger serviced too

(Not worth messing around with pattern parts when you have to remove the charger to fit them)