waski186

supercharger displacer

Hi all.I just open my supercharger to rebuild it and the displacer is in bad condition.About 3 inches on one side when the apex strip is is missing.The rest of the displacer is ok without any cracks.Maybe someone know where ic can be welded and regrooved?I know what material it is and know how difficult it is but also know this is not impossible.I Dont want to make the strip so short and just block the groove to keep the strip in the position.Or maybe someone have displacer for sale in good condition?

Edited by waski186

Try posting a pic of the damage, you probably will get a better response from some the experts on here that way.

Other thing, would be to speak to Brain at Jabbasport and see if he can give you any advice.

Magnesium,s not going to be easy to work with and Brian would be the very last person you want to speak to. Id try John Mitchell of JMR then Matt of OCD first. Matt may even have a damaged displacer (mine) that you could get parts from but i expect you'll end up replacing it

In my opinion get a replacement displacer,you can buy them but not cheap. welding a cast piece is never a permanent fix in my eyes even if its done properly. The magnesium alloy is fragile and even slight off balance will cause vibration even if its very small.on a high rpm piece of equipment you cant really take a chance so buying a new one will give you piece of mind. im not trying to undermine anyone but ive had lots of experience with g-laders and my german mates know quite a bit on them and theyre usual vw nutters.

if you want it done cheap,get it welded. if you want it done right,get new displacer.