Sign in to follow this  
G60

cheerio!

a quick hello to everyone over there!

hello!

i have been doing weird things like putting turbo diesel engines into rabbits...

00106965.gif

the corrado has been neglected as of late :( insurance in canada, specifically ontario (where i'm from) is crazy... its too expensive to drive the G60 now... :mad:

(for example, i pay double now what i paid when i was 16, on the same class of vehicle)

but the rabbit is loads of fun, and it moves respectibly now with the boost action.

i feel like i'm getting back to the vdub roots. when the corrado comes back out to play it will be a whole new experience again. i can't wait.

the rabbit got a little 'nudge' from a big mother of a ford truck a couple weeks ago. its going in for body work on monday and i'm hoping to get a full respray in black with clear. will be waxing this summer as much as driving i imagine! i've never owned a black car as a daily driver, but i know how much of a problem they are to keep looking good. but when they are just right, black cars are sooo nice.

and... i'm spent.

cheers everyone! -Lanny

Nice to hear from you Lanny :)

How's the car collection coming on now then? :lol:

hey there tom :)

collection coming along well, picked up an '86 cabrio in silver for my girlfriend... got a steal on an '82 rocco for a track project (that i will probably just sell now, you know how we overestimate the amount of 'project time' available :lol: ..and i want a mkI rocco), an '81 cabrio for parts (and i'm gonna raise it about 4", put mudders on there and bomb around with it in the field! :o ). '90 jetta shell gonna be parted.. trying to sell off all the US beaters... i have a proper scrap yard now it looks like, lots of good hillbilly fun!!

getting back to working on building my 'shop' now that the winter is through for good. the roof and garage door are the big obstacles now, then i'll really get down to work on the C with an indoor workspace :D

hoping to go get some parts off my '91 corrado parts car (is 8 hours away from me in the states) and finally get down to the full resto on the G60 this summer... thats the plan anyway! hoping to have the corrado done by the time i'm 25 when the insurance cost will drop :oops: