Sign in to follow this  
muskie

1800 16v head on 2 litre

i have obtained a good 1800 16v head today for the cams basically, but the head has been rebuilt not to long ago so is probably in better shape than my 2 litre. will it fit onto my 2.0 without probs and will i still achieve the better power delivery or should i just put cams in my head :?: :?: i paid £60 for the lot, i know a man who mehanics for a guy that races 16v golfs and he seems to think i shouldnt have any probs as he put a 2.0 head on a 1800 block but it was bored out over 2 litre.

would aprecite your veiws on this as you guys use them everyday and not for racing.

My mates running a head from a PL motor on an 9A block. Bolts straight on with no difficulties in fitment. If the 1.8 head is in good shape and recently rebuilt then you should have no problems.

i have obtained a good 1800 16v head today for the cams basically, but the head has been rebuilt not to long ago so is probably in better shape than my 2 litre. will it fit onto my 2.0 without probs and will i still achieve the better power delivery or should i just put cams in my head :?: :?: i paid £60 for the lot, i know a man who mehanics for a guy that races 16v golfs and he seems to think i shouldnt have any probs as he put a 2.0 head on a 1800 block but it was bored out over 2 litre.

would aprecite your veiws on this as you guys use them everyday and not for racing.

I'm putting my KR head onto an audi 6A block (basically same as 9A block) there's no problem at all.

It's just the KR inlet cam that is milder than the 9A/6A cams and helps breathing at higher revs, I don't think there's much between the 1.8 and 2.0 heads in unmodified form, but I'd say this was a good opportunity to get one of them ported and polished, my previous 2.0 with a P&P head and KR cams gave 170bhp.

David.