Sign in to follow this  
Dancing Fish

12v Ignition lead to stereo?

Hi All,

Have recently bought a C and have just moved my Alpine stereo over from my old car. The problem is that there didnt appear to be a 12v ignition lead that only delivers power when the ignition is on. Thus, i had to route both the ignition feed and the battery feed from my Alpine unit through to the battery line (which i think is red) coming out of my C. There were two other lines coming out that i didnt use, but neither had a 12v current at any time including under ignition. I'd of course prefer to use an ignition line since i have to remember to turn the thing off.

Does anyone know if there is an 12v ignition lead on the C?

I have a 1992 1.8 16v.

Thanks

DF.

Well, I'm no auto electrician, but if it were me I would take the stereo power from an ignition switched power source such as the positive wire to the fan switch, as that's only powered when ignition is on.

isn't there a remote live from the back of the head unit? If not then you can go around testing wires untill you find one that comes on with the ignition and use a scotch lock to join them together, personally I don't like the scotch lock method cos I dont trust the connection but it works and if you can't find any other way of connecting it then it'll do, one really good point is you can usually find a wire close the the amp so you don't have to chase the wire all around the car.

There is an ignition switched wire on the cassette file which turns on the his light!

The wire is yellow and black!

You can get 12v switched from there!

Just remove the cassette file (very easy) and re-wire it up to the radio. :)