Ken L

Hi from a Newbie to the forum, but not to Corrados

Have been a long time Corrado driver (20 years or so). First a red one, followed by a mystic blue Storm which I was lucky enough to get new as my company car many years ago, that I then took over. I have often read the forum, but never registered or posted before now. Sadly am now having to part with the Storm as it's hardly the car for my seventeen year old son to learn to drive on!

Could do with advice on best way to sell (with least hassle and risk) and may need guidance on sensible asking price.

Will be very sorry to see it go

Ken, the best way to sell is to me!!.. Seriously, shouldn't think you would have any shortage of takers for your Storm with its provenance. Best place to sell I would say would be on this forum obviously. I have also had good experiences using Pistonheads

Regarding asking price, anywhere between £1750 and £6000 depending on bodywork originality and any rust present, mechanical condition and maintenance history. So, a few more details of its history and photos would be necessary to be more precise

Edited by Billzeebub

Buy a polo for £500, keep the corrado. Win :)

This is the correct response, I regret selling every single Corrado I have ever owned. Always come back!..

Great advice - I should have posted sooner but already have the Fiesta and now need the garage space. The Corrado also needs more TLC than it gets from us.

Few more details - Car was actively used till up until 2005, when it had it's last VAG service at 82,000 miles. Current mileage is around 89,000, so has had a quiet life since then and been inspected / MOT'd by local garage . Has always been keep in a garage, but bodywork has a few knocks (nothing major - but the annoying sort of thing you get in car parks!). There is slight trace of corrosion along the front edge of the bonnet but not much more that I can see. Sun roof and rear spoiler both work, leatherwork interior in good condition. Carpets naturally are worn. No modifications. Original radio and alarm systems have been replaced. Few slight quirks - CD player is a bit random, airflow direction controller is stiff and doesn't cover all positions - but does cover windscreen and keeps feet warm which is all it has been used for. Current MOT goes till 25.4.14 and tax till end Oct 2013. Advisory items on MOT - front/rear registration plates deterioriated but not likely to be misread, Offside front and rear and nearside front break pipe slightly corroded and both front brake discs rusting on inner surface.

All that said, still has great acceleration away from lights - not that I would ....

Will post some pictures when I can work out how!

Have tried posting pictures - but can't seem to get them to be accepted - is there a size limit?

OK after repeated attempts (including via Photobucket) to include photo's on the forum, I have taken the advice given above and just now advertised my Corrado on Pistonheads if anyone is interested.

Its a sad day!