sankysvr6

Heat Shield Hood Liner Fitting

Not sure if its been asked already, but after the recent GB on bonnet insulation was wondering if people have theirs yet and how they went about it.

Also if anyone had some handy tips?

Have people removed the bonnet to fit them?

I fitted mine from the last group buy. Wasn't too hard really. I bought the spray glue it mentions on the instructions, can't remember the name of it. Scotch #80 or something like that.

Removing the bonnet would make it easier to do, but i didn't bother. I didn't use the grease proof paper method either.

I would practice fitting each piece first, before you spray any glue, then i laid each piece of foam out and sprayed the back, then stuck it to the bonnet and held it there for a while (which is when you get arm ache and start thinking maybe you should've taken the bonnet off :lol:

I also had one piece that needed trimming to fit.

Crumbly old foam

2011-02-21152943.jpg

Covered up engine and scrapped foam off

2011-02-25125112.jpg

Was left with the original layer of glue, which i softened up with white spirit and scraped off with old plastic windscreen scrapers, Takes a while

2011-02-21153357.jpg

All removed

2011-02-28115640.jpg

The bit i had to trim

20121016_185109.jpg

All fitted

corrado.jpg

Thanks for that Jim, didnt fancy taking the bonnet off. Looks like you've done a nice clean job.

So did you just spray the glue onto the back of the new foam, and not the bonnet as well?

Yeah, i just sprayed it on the foam, you get a few minutes to slide it around and get it in the right position.

The only piece i'm having trouble with is the bit on the left side has you look at my last pic, keeps coming unstuck in the bottom right corner as it meets the hump in the bonnet.