Jamie

Something I was playing around with over the weekend...

I know it's not an original idea but I thought I'd have a crack at it. Not the best pics but I think it came out pretty well :)

null-8.jpg

null-9.jpg

null-10.jpg

Done the gearknob as well while I was at it but that still needs a bit more work

null-11.jpg

null-12.jpg

Edited by Jamie

It's actually really easy to do. I'm not saying this is the best way of doing it but this is how I done it:

Heat the badge up slightly with a hairdryer and gently prise the front away from the chrome surround. I made a new chrome surround with the centre removed from a PC case blanking panel as I wanted this to be completely reversible if I didn't like it but you can just cut the centre out of the original using a dremel. Cut a slot either end of the badge recess on the gear lever surround and slide a piece of el tape through. You can use any colour but I chose green. I then stuck a piece of mirrored window film on the back of the badge and glued the badge to the new surround using a 2 part epoxy resin. Then glue the whole thing back in the recess over the el tape and wire the tape to the lighting circuit on the cigar lighter socket. Hope that makes sense :)

Jon if my mrs came out with that I'd just say haven't you got dishes to do or shirts iron? :D