southerner88

No longer a want, its now become a need!

Hi all,

Joined the forum just over a year ago when i was looking to buy a Corrado but at the time couldnt manage it. Ive now decided i no longer want a Corrado, I NEED TO OWN ONE!!!

Current car is a pretty tidy black 3 dr 2001 MK4 golf GTi 1.8T 20V, im listing this for sale this evening so I can get my hands on a Corrado! Preference is the VR6, but Im open to suggestions!

If any one knows any one who would be interested in either swapping a mk4 golf for a radof or has a rado for sale below the 2K mark, it would great to hear from you!

Mine will be for sale in a couple of weeks, needs a little bit of work here and there. But it has a new Vege engine in it which has covered less than 60k

I had a comment - as I've got a Mk4 1.8T Golf right now and often go from driving that for a few days (it is what we use as the family car) to the Corrado - and it is a really big difference. The Golf is a perfectly good car, the performance is good, and the 1.8T engine is smooth - but very 'run of the mill' where as the Corrado is something a bit different - right from the seating position through to the noise and the handling you'll notice a big difference compared to your Golf

(I should add my Golf is the 150BHP edition and not remapped)

Been using a 1.9 tdi passat for work etc and barely driven the Corrado. However i used it today after it passed its MOT and i did realise what id missed, the noise of the VR, the sharpness of the steering.. you can just fling it round the corners. I love it.. unfortunately it does have to go.

I take by the lack of response you (Southener88) wouldnt be interested. Prob one closer to you, if youre in the south, i am in Leeds after all. Good luck with your hunt :)

Sorry Gaz, Im looking at getting a cheaper Corrado and having a bash at having a "project" car, get her how i want her and keep the golf for the daily drive. Ive also got the 150bhp edition and its not mapped, just keeping that one standard.

Got my eyes on a couple of cheap Rados that are knocking about.....hopefully i can become one of the proud owners soon....

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

and just to save on the confusion.....I am a southerner thats ended up in Harrogate, North Yorkshire....

No worries :)

oh really, i work in Harrogate but live in Leeds. Happen to be in the corrado today and been down to starbeck this mornign. Was followed by a gorgeous dark burgundy pearl Rado, lowered and on black centred BBS. also had yellow tinted fogs and cream leather. Very nice! 8)

Sounds good mate, Ive got myself a Corrado now and was also driving it to work today....

its a 1990 1.8 16v in black, she is officially " my little project" :thumbleft: not in the best of conditions i plan to get her there....

Where do you work in Harrogate Gaz?