GeniuS

G60 Clutch floored after storage

Last year, when I got the corrado out after storage (winter storage), the clutch was floored.

I mean, there is not spring at all, if I bring it back with my hand, it stays up, but if I push it for 1" it goes straight to the floor.

So I moved the corrado with a friend to my driveway so that I can fix it there, but the probleme solved by it self and I was able to drive it with no issues at all (drove it like 2-3 times at max).

This year, the same thing happend, moved the corrado to the drive way but the clutch did not return to normal.

I have no idea what is happening !!!

The brake fluid seams ok (a bit more then between min and full).

And since the problem was there last year and solved by it self, I guess this is not air in the cylinder !

Any idea what should be done ?

I guess the first thing to try is to bleed the clutch so I'll have a friend at my place to try it, but in case this doesn't work, any other ideas what I should try while buddy is with me?

Thank you very much,

Martin L.

Welcome to the forum - you probably need a new slave cylinder if it's never been changed but could just be the seals leaking / dried out due to lack of use (storage)

When was the fluid last changed??? If it's not been done recently then try that first...

Any signs of fluid on top of the gearbox??

In fact, I never changed the brake fluid !

I bought 4-5 little bottles of DOT4 brake fluid from canadien tire 6 years ago and I never changed to fluid !

SO you think maybe changing the fluid might solve it ?

I saw you post saying "you can pressure bleed with an easy bleed or do it by hand (2 person job)

You'll need an 11mm spanner and a tiny amount of fluid (250ml - £2ish from VW)"

Is it a hard job to do ?? I mean .. that 11mm bolt should not be completly stuck there ?

I have nothing on my clutch pedal... it is completly free, but stays up if I manuel pull it there !

Thank you very much for your help!

It's fairly easy but I think you'll need VAGCOM on a Canadian spec car with ABS to do the brakes but I'd also be worried about other stuff like hoses and seals if it's not been done in that long - brake fluid should be changed every 2-3 years max and your 6 year old stuff will be well out of date now!

Ok then... I'll have to look around a find exactly how to replace the brake fluid !

The bottles I bought back then should be alright ... still sealed.

I don't think oil can be outdated if sealed !!!

I forgot to mention that my ABS failed 3 years ago.

So now I do not have power brake anymore .. it might point to something ?!?!

need help please !

ok, forget about it... it works now !

The forst thing I did was checking the brake fluid level, it was about 1/4" lower then MAX !

But it still ws the problem... I added some fluid the bleed the clutch, everything works now!

Thank you all for your help

Martin L.