Sign in to follow this  
SpencerTramm

New Member/GTi International

Finally got around to join up at the weekend, heard about this place as someone from here was behing me in the queue.

Did anyone get any pics of my car this weekend, it is the Corrado dragster that was parked in one of the hangers by the Big Boys Toys stand.

Spencer :)

What can I say...the most jow droppingly fantasic corrado I've ever seen! I never expected it to be so tidy.

mucho respect.

I hope you're running it at GTI festival and bug jam?

What can I say...the most jow droppingly fantasic corrado I've ever seen! I never expected it to be so tidy.

mucho respect.

I hope you're running it at GTI festival and bug jam?

Thanks!!

I will be at GTi Festival, I spoke to John Munyard of the CCGB yesterday about going. I will be racing in the VWDRC at Bug Jam (where I am leading the points)

I was suprised that people thought the VWDRC was aircooled only too. We need to recify that soon as a 'rocco has won the Sportsman class for the last two years :shock:

Spencer

Cool, can't wait to see that!

Hmm, I might even enter mine then.

It's just bracket racing isn't it? where you try and get as close as possible to your dial in time?

Cool, can't wait to see that!

Hmm, I might even enter mine then.

It's just bracket racing isn't it? where you try and get as close as possible to your dial in time?

Yes thats right, the VWDRC use bracket racing, which sometimes means I have to wait 8 seconds to chase Camper vans :shock:

Spencer

What does it run? I heard it ran a 9.6? is that right?

9.21 @ 146mph, not near potential yet though. I have done about 20 passes in it so far.

Spencer

yeah, I got some pics... I'll post 'em when I get home this evening... 8)

Welcome to the forum... 8)

Hi Spencer,

It was great to finally meet up with you & talk about your car. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me when I looked at the car but rest assured we'll get lots of photos (including ones of you in action) at GTi Festival if we can it all sorted out properly. The car is a work of art - really high quality work and a credit to you, your engineers and your bodyshop man.

As for going up the strip at Inters, we'd have died to have seen that... I think Keith Murray's title as undisputed king of the ¼mile strip could slip soon, lol. [For the record, Spencer & I even shared a joke yesterday about letting Keith have a head start!]

John

rest assured we'll get lots of photos (including ones of you in action) at GTi Festival if we can it all sorted out properly.

John

John,

Spoke to the promoter of GTi Festival (whom I know well) about a good space for a display etc and he is all up for it. Will mail with more details.

Spencer