mystic8v

rear spoiler not automatically coming out

hi,i know this has been covered several times but reading the posts im still not sure why my spoiler doesnt come out automatically anymore.

It works fine off the switch but not road speed,it has worked before i fitted the cobra alarm and blaupunkt radio but ive disconnected the radio and theres no splicing on the speed signal wire(blue white)but it still doesnt work.Ive checked the alarm vss wire to the speed signal junction above the fuse box and this seems to be correct.If i check the speed signal wire stationary i get around 10volts on the radio speed signal wire and on the spoiler ecu wire,im thinking of testing the speed signal wire at the spoiler ecu whilst driving but not sure what voltage to look for? but i think its a digital signal from the vss sensor (hall sender) so may not work? oh my speedo works fine! any help please!!

Mystic did you ever get to the bottom of this? I have the same issue and have fitted 3 different spoiler control modules but no difference.

Works on button perfectly. Speedo fine too

Hi mate,yes I've sorted it now,it stopped working after I fitted the cobra alarm/immobilizers,eventually I realized that the alarm instructions indicated that the vehicle speed signal was required on one of the alarm wires,cut a long story short,the alarm didn't require this signal and it stopped the spoiler working off vehicle speed,removed the wire and its all working,It sounds like your spoiler ECU isn't seeing the vehicle speed signal,does your speedo work? There is also a speed signal junction behind the dash/fuse box area,usually blue/white wires with blue plugs,also if you have an after market radio this could interfere as the factory radios use speed signals for volume control,if you have an aftermarket radio try it with it disconnected, see how you get on mate

Just out at the car now. Removed the stereo and about to go for a blast around. See if anything changes. Going to the stereo, it has two blue white wires. Neither are connected to the stereo. Are these meant to be connected together to close the loop or left unconnected?

Speedo works fine and spoiler on button. Must be something to do with aftermarket stereo. Had massive hassle with it when put in first not turning on with ignition etc.

Worked perfect without the aftermarket head unit. Guess my speedo is out by 5mph though as the C went up at 60 and the A at 50.

Just need to figure out which wire to pull from connector and tape up. Thanks for the help

Hi,at least you know where the problem lies,I think one is a blue/white and the other a blue/grey,they shouldn't be connected together, I think one is speed signal and the other one maybe a 12v feed switch on wire for external amps or aerial boosters? Check to see if your radio wiring plug adaptor connects the speed signal wire further back from the plug in the photo,if so just disconnect it