borarob

Bonnet release clip

I'm after the small clip that secures the bonnet release cable by the handle in cabin. It stops the out part of the cable moving when pulling the handle and only allows the wire cable to move. Let me know what you have or any other ideas on how to get round this problem

Bizarrely it comes as part of the handle, with the cable already attached. You could try making something like the incredibly-overengineered gruvenparts one (http://gruvenparts.com/website/cart/cart.php?target=product&product_id=344&category_id=60) or crimp something together yourself...

When I had the same problem it turned out easier to just buy and replace the whole thing.

Stone

someone started a group buy feeler thread recently that talked about getting an alternative made up but it's been as bit quiet lately.

I broke mine just after Christmas and made a new one at work.

This is the prototype I made

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74688[/ATTACH]

This is the final design, its a little thicker than the original and the grub screw is an extra added measure to make sure it doesn't fall off.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74687[/ATTACH]

I can make another if your interested?

​PM me if you are.

Edited by Laser Mark

looks good, how you getting the wire through though, do you need to unthread the whole cable or can you get on over the gold coloured end piece?

i've tried to fashion something myself, also at work, but its not quite as nice as yours! how much are we talking?