Ray1965

Water in the Air Box?

Hi, i have a vr6, I recently inspected the air filter and it needed to be changed but on opening the air box and removed the air filter i found it was wet on the front side. I thought it was maybe due to the old filter being well old and it was not sealing in the lid properly. I have replaced it with a new filter, washed the car but it still gets wet. looks like it is running down the wing and dripping onto the top of the box but its beyond me how it its getting into the air filter and forming a puddle in the bottom of the box. the box is standard btw.Anyone shed any light on this? :bonk:

Strange as i THINK the rubber of the air filter creates a seal when the airbox is clipped together. Is the filter itself wet?

Its not water getting in the front of the airbox, behind the headlight is it?

Strange as i THINK the rubber of the air filter creates a seal when the airbox is clipped together. Is the filter itself wet?

Its not water getting in the front of the air box, behind the headlight is it?

Yes the filter is wet, how can it possibly get in the front of the air box, behind the headlight??

oddly, this happened on my vr6 after it had been parked up for appx. 4 months, i just narrowed it down to a clip not being on 100% and extreme rain

Yes the filter is wet, how can it possibly get in the front of the air box, behind the headlight??

Wow.. was just tryin to help with suggestions buddy.

And water can get behind the light through use of jet washes or just road spray, was just a suggestion.

No,No sorry CM, didnt mean it like that, i do apologise, should have worded it better (in a rush). Thank you for your suggestions. its one of those faults where you think how can that be happening?

Sorry once again. :)

No worries :) I just know from experience that water can get from behind the headlight. Gave the car a rinse down yesterday with a hose and water was sitting behind the headlight where the air filter would be (i have a BMC CDA not a standard filter) so i suspect the water could have got into the airbox and soaked the filter.