Relics

What to do.

Hi Guys,

Have have my 1990 corrado 1.8 16v in tornado red for just under a year now. Have just had the head gasket done, plus a few other little bits, and she is running like a charm. I cant stop thinking to myself that I should get something more up to date, but have come to the conclusion (rather stupidly) that I would very much like to keep it!

So the real question is what I should do to it? As far as I know the body work is original, (a bit faded with a rusted front right wing, and someone has put some nasty cheap alloys on it). I would like to make a project of it, and turn it in to something worth keeping.

All I have decided on so far is to change the brakes, wheels and tyres, and maybe to drop it a tiny amount. I would like to get it resprayed and the interior refitted to a certain extent.I have got a few quid to play with and would like something special and possibly showable at the end of it. Can you recommend anywhere in the Hampshire/dorset area that can do this type of project? And if anybody has any imput on what to do (any nice modifications or parts that are worth doing/putting in) it would be greatly appreciated?

Jonny

Its been done to death but if i had some cash and a car worthy of a project id go down the twenty valve turbo route been you have a valver , its never going to be fast so transplanting a nice turbo motor in there would be a good choice

After that the brakes would need doing and then a nice set of wheels and some good tyres to put the power down and to stop

Im a sukker for speed , theres nothing better than scaring your self to death on some b roads but if your a show pony you could always go for a nice fresh coat of paint and some standard wheels and a nice leather interior and have a nit more of an oem show car , i know wich one i would choose lol

What's the reason for wanting something more modern? Is it to save cost, get something faster, or just because you want a modern feel and quality in the cabin?