sankysvr6

G60 Engine Mount Fitting

Anyone local to West Yorkshire, that could may be help me out and fit some new engine mounts to my G60. I would like to have all 3 replaced and have the parts already.

Willing to pay for persons time.

Its just that the garage I would take it to, can get me in until 8th July and I wanted them fitted before my trip down to inters. Also would prefer someone that knows there way around corrados then let anyone loose on it.

Can't help with doing the work, too far away from where you are, but have done it some time ago on my own G60. Went for standard rear mounts, Vibratechnics front mount.

I did it with my C parked outside on alley way at the rear of where I live, sand path, no tarmac, used planks to place axle stands on, and used 2 jacks to left various bits of car/engine/gearbox to undo/replace the relevant mounts.

Do-able, once you lie underneath and have a good look.

Tempest

Cheers Tempest, for the input.

Just don't feel confident enough to have a go at it myself, i should do really. I might lift it up this weekend and asses it form underneath.

Can I ask how long it took you to change all 3 mounts by the way?

The rear engine mount was easy. The rear gearbox mount I realised I needed a 13 mm deep socket for my ratchet to access one of the 2 bolts that holds the gearbox mount in place, which I didn't have at the time, and hence wasted a bit of time trying to use my existing tools :lol: In principle easy to do, too.

The front engine mount I removed the fan shroud to gain better access to the bolt holding the mount to the cross member. You also will need a few extension bars to get down to the front engine mount bolt. Can't remember whether I needed to slightly move the radiator, too, but don't think I had to.

All in all do-able within a good Saturday. Delays with me occurred because I needed a deep socket 13 mm socket and I was waiting for the VT mount to arrive.

Tempest