happyeaster

crashed my corrado. would i be better repairing it or parting it out?

hit the corrado yesterday and it will need a new front bumper, driver side wing and ds headlight.

priced it all and its about £400 plus spraying and fitting

its only a 1.8 so not holding strong money. but i would feel bad taking a corrado off the road as they are starting to get scarce.

the car is still driving fine and its only cosmetic. nearly a full years mot and 6months tax and in the past few weeks its had a brave bit of money thrown at it, new brake pads, brake master cylinder, clutch slave cylinder, new fan belt, and a service so oil and filters and spark plugs were all changed.

interior is very clean except a tear on driving seat with hump rear seats

rear spoiler is working

clean original sebring alloys and centre caps

144000 engine

On the VR6OC Facebook page:

[h=5]Michael Plummer

[/h][h=5]1993 Corrado 2.9 breaking for spares if any interest PM £1000 as it is ,engine block is split ..this car has just had a manaul gearbox fitted from auto .MOT till sept loads of upgrades 17" ,pro lights ,stainless Exhaust, upgraded suspension. so well gutted its got to go :(. it hurts to see it broke, so if you would like this as a project or just parts . its a bargin!!![/h]

you can probably get most of your parts there, I don't imagine getting parts will be a problem..... just get it done, and stop making excuses to sell it ;)

your biggest cost will be bodyshop.

VR6Pete? The parts from that VR will be wrong for a 1.8 16V... The 1.8 will have the early bonnet, wings, headlamps and bumper, where the '93 VR6 would have a late "humped" bonnet, larger flared wheel arches on the wings, different trim lines on the bumper and a different profile on the headlamp glass...

Happyeaster? if you can fix it for £400, I reckon you should... Keep your eye on ebay as there's quite a few 1.8s pop up in parts, and you may drop lucky and find the correct colour parts you require meaning no painting costs... Fitting of the bonnet, bumper, headlamp and wing are all pretty easy DIY jobs, with no welding required, just undoing some bolts/screws and taking your time to line things up properly before tightening the new ones back into place... :)

Good luck!

might as well face lift it if you've crashed the front end is my point... :)

I know a guy in sheffield who has a 1.8 valver for sale £350 for the complete car, it runs and actually sounds good but no tax or mot so would need to be trailered home.

Let me know if you are interested and i'll have a word. ;)

i would be interested but im from northern ireland so a little harder to get parts.

decided to repair it as wasnt really thinking straight after the crash and just wanted it out of my sight for the time being. anyone got a set of front headlights for sale would be great

early model