lewis1982

Manual fan over ride switch

Hi, I'm looking at installing a fan over ride switch on the dash in my VR for when I'm sitting in traffic in the summer ( when we get a summer that is :-D ) I was going to connect it to the black temp sensor to put speed 3 on but the fan comes on that fast it throws off the radiator belt that goes between the 2 fans. So i was hoping to connect it to speed 2 fan by connecting it to the thermostat on the radiator through a inline fuse, The two bottom terminals of the three I think it is. Would this be ok to do?

Cheers

I've done this, but sure it was over the black, so can't really help I'm afraid. It's a great wee mod for older cars, prevention is better than cure, the cooler you keep it the better.

If you splice the wiring to the radiator temperature switch you still rely on the fan controller operating properly in order to switch on the fans. You could instead bridge two of the wires in the fan controller harness, but I forget which ones.