southerner88

Think i need one of these.....idle air adjust screw for a 1.8 16v

Hi all,

Done some digging around and think this is the bit that i need, could be wrong so heres what happens......

Car turns on fine, revs go up then when the revs come down to idle, she stutters. When you put your finger over a hole with a threaded inside, she sorts herself out and idles fine. Take you finger off she stutters and dies....

The hole is just below the throttle arm (i think thats what its called) the bit that has a cable from it and when pulled round the revs go up...

Any help would be great to identify what im after.... can get a picture of it if that would help...

Cheers for any help

Possibly the pipe work that does from the carbon canister to the throttle body has come loose? I'm not familiar with 1.8 engines but it might be worth a look? :)

This picture is the one with the missing bit that i think is the air adjust screw thingy,

[ATTACH]75033[/ATTACH]

and this is a picture of something im not so sure about... is the tube on the left in the circle the correct tube? also does any one have or have a name for the fitting to get the fans to attach to the front?

[ATTACH]75034[/ATTACH]

as owen said idle screw.there will be a small o-ring on it too,replace as its a 10p part and sorts idle problems out. Go to a scrappy and pull one out of any mk2 fuel injected golf

would ya believe it.....decided to do an engine conversion, started stripping parts of the engine out, and there it is, sat at the back of the bay....the F*#&ing IDLE ADJUST SCREW!!!! sods law eh