timthetinyhorse

Injector leak...

Finally got the engine bolted back together today and turned it over by hand at the crank to check all was ok, after doing this I turned it on the starter to get oil to the tensioner and pow fuel everywhere! It's come from the first injector on the rail and its like a fountain from the rail end of the injector. What have I done wrong here? All of the other injectors are sealed ok but not this one....I have a spare injector I can try but could it be a case of it not being seated properly?

Cheers

The o rings are quite easy to damage. Couldn't get one of mine back in at all. Then tried a spare and it went straight in.

It's worth fitting new top and bottom injector seals and making sure that the injector ports in the lower part of the inlet manifold are scrupulously clean; otherwise you may get an air leak.

Injector clips, yes I did exactly the same thing; pushed the rail on, fitted the top half of the inlet, turned the key and fuel everywhere.

We learn by what we do, not by what we read or what we hear.

Best wishes

RB