clumpy1

Early/Late Dash compatibility

I have a question my dash (early) is showing it's age so i am looking at sorting it can i use a late dash and bolt/attach my early switches etc to a late dash any replies are much appreciated. :)

As far as I know, the fitment of switches is similar, but late dash is different regarding the ashtray and extra instrumentation.

Don't know if mounting of the dash itself is the same, but I think so. Don't hang me for it though.... ;)

I think it should be possible to fit for example late wiper arms to early model etc. I'll try that myself later on.

Why not have it covered in say leather or alcantara? Or maybe originality is the word?

Cheers,

Redfox.

Thank's Redfox it is similar to what i thought.Let me know how you get on regarding the late indicator/wiper stalk.Not saying at the moment what i have in mind for the dash but it will be changing along with other thing's as thsy are letting other part's of the car down.

The dash shell itself is identical early/late. Centre console, vents, switches and some of the metal brackets are different. The one in the middle at the bottom was the trickiest, but pretty straightforward to get around. Think I just wedged something in there when I did the swap on my old valver.

Thank's Cazza i knew there was a difference where the heater control's are which i believe is where you are talking about.I am not looking to put a late dash in mine I want to keep it original in some respect's plus i know there are issue's with late heater control's being a bit fragile plus i have a spare set of early control's so don't see the need to change to late.Thank's for your reply :)

I meant the triangular metal bracket that attaches the bottom centre part of the dash to the floor. It's behind the centre Cubby hole. Good luck with it. Fairly straightforward really. The main fixture points are the same.

I stuck later vents in mine after the directional slats crumbled and they were all loose. much better quality and updated look which helps.