Sign in to follow this  
g60_Russ

Spoiler sticks half way

Only just noticed this, but it seems that my spoiler is not comming up as far as it used to (poor old kid).

Sometimes it goes all the way on its own, but when it doesn't, it will come up about 2/3 of the way and then stop. Pressing the switch sometimes helps it the rest of the way, but not every time.

Can anyone give me any pointers about where to start looking or lubricating (& if so with what)???

Cheers,

Russ.

if you are coming to the all types meet on the weekend i do have a spare spoiler mech that came with a replacement boot i bought. if its not the control system and lubricating it dosnt help you might be able to repair it using parts from that i am pretty sure it still works, manual overide definately does also got a spare spoiler (a bit tatty just needs a re-spray) and a few bits of cream coloured boot trim if anyone wants them

Worth trying a lube first. A non-grease based lubricant is best, eg GT85. Coats the spolier shaft :oops: with PTFE. Failing that it could be control module playing up.

just next to the spoiler manual switch under the dash... 8)