Adventure vans

Corrado hire in the Highlands

Just an idea at the moment but I run a fleet of 5 classic VW Baywindows for hire, happyhighlandcampers.co.uk long story but I have ended up with 2 Corrados and was thinking of offering them for hire too....

What do people think?

Not a bad idea, would save on the mileage for people that don't want to run there mileage up. Have you got any pictures of the Corrado's ? and spec ?

In principle i think its a great idea.. the thing to bear in mind would be if you're hiring a camper, you're hiring your bed too so i would expect a significant difference in hire prices - or for you to offer a route including b&b's you've pre booked on my behalf.

Personally, i'd love to do a drive around scotland - especially in a corrado and i can get flights from bristol to inverness!

Not a bad idea, would save on the mileage for people that don't want to run there mileage up. Have you got any pictures of the Corrado's ? and spec ?

Will get some pictures up soon. I have a nugget yellow Valver that needs a bit of cosmetic tlc before I would let it go out and a very clean VR6 that would be good to go once I change the front engine mount and sort out an ABS target ring.

In principle i think its a great idea.. the thing to bear in mind would be if you're hiring a camper, you're hiring your bed too so i would expect a significant difference in hire prices - or for you to offer a route including b&b's you've pre booked on my behalf.

Personally, i'd love to do a drive around scotland - especially in a corrado and i can get flights from bristol to inverness!

yes I do the Inverness Bristol flight quite a lot for various reasons, good flight and only just over an hour! Could easily organise routes B&Bs camping good places to eat and awesome roads to drive......

It's not a bad idea I guess! I hope it works out for you!

just at the idea stage now but could be organised quite easily.....anyone want to hire a Corrado? LOL.

I had the pleasure of driving my Corrado up through the highlands last year - it was terrific fun :) The roads and the scenery are spectacular. The drive back down towards Perth when I got caught in a blizzard was somewhat less enjoyable however.. :)

It would maybe be better if you had a Mk1 & Mk2 Golf Gti as well. Ive seen loads of the campers and theres those Caterham hire as well.

Although those that want one tend to have one and would be prepaired to drive up here I think so Im not so sure.

I live on Skye and have owned 4 corrados and I can safely say they could have been built for the Highlands!

Like anywhere though some of the road surfaces and conditions can be punishing.

Good luck and if you need any help give me a shout.

A great idea. I am planning a Highlands roadtrip next year and getting the train up then being able to hire a Corrado when there would be tempting as it helps keep the motorway miles off my car. Very interested