Jamie

RH Adapters - what's so special about them?

Been reading up on PCD adapters for RH ZW1s and been reading that you can only use RH ones. Just wondered if anyone could confirm if this is still definitely the case and if so, what's the difference between RH and say, FK, HR etc?

Nonsense ! As far as im aware you can use fk , hr or rh , i think the ones you are talking about have a steel insert so are a bit stronger , iv been running fk adaptors on the front of mine for two years bow and not had any problems

They are specific to RH wheels. The wheels hub have a shallow recess machined into them that you then use to locate the wheel onto the adapter that has been bolted to the car.

Anybody selling the wheels should really be selling the adaptors as well as they can only really be used on RH wheels.

Coullstar sorry for being dense but what am I looking at there? The seller doesn't have the adapters as his car is 5x112 apparently

You bolts on the adaptor to the hubs. If you look at the adaptor they do not have a centering ring around the inner hole as the wheels use the outer OD of the spacer to sit on and locate. You then bolt the wheel to the adaptor.

Had 7 sets of RH wheels and can 100% confirm that you can use different adapters and you can use rh adapters on non rh wheels. All tested and worked fine.

There is nothing special about rh adapters in terms of fitting or safety.

One more thing. I had them fitted to 5x112 passat using 30mm 5x112 spacers.

They are specific to RH wheels. The wheels hub have a shallow recess machined into them that you then use to locate the wheel onto the adapter that has been bolted to the car.

Yep, so you you can fit any adpaters of same diameter size, I had two non branded alloy adpaters and spacers and they were same size as genuine rh ones.

Yep, so you you can fit any adpaters of same diameter size

That the key, you need exactly the same diameter. RH spacers are what Id use.

Right all makes sense now - I can see the lip you mean. I was looking around the spigot ring area. So basically as long as the diameter is correct, it should be fine?

One other quick one - what size adapters are you running? I'm thinking 25mm...

Totally depends on wheel width and riginal offset. IIRC they are ET60 before spacers so 25mm should be okay if wheels are 8in wide.

Out of interest, what is the diameter needed for the recess?

I bought some zw3's and need adapters to 5x110