Sign in to follow this  
KooradoG60

serious engine rock in my g60... HELP!

For the last few days, my 1990 corrado g60 has been idling strangly jumping from 700-1000rpms. But my main concern is that when i hold the gas on a steady position (in any gear) the engine rocks the car really hard. This also happens right when i release the gas pedal or right when i press on it to. The engine rocking doesnt occur when i am accelorating hard or when i have it in nuetral. But ever once and a while at a stop light my rpms will bounce so badly that it will cut my car off in nuetral. Anyone got any suggestions please help me! thanks, alex

when you mean rocks, do you mean kangarooing?

have you checked the engine mounts? not sure if vw's are the same but on vauxhalls when you rev and a mount is away you can see the gear stick moving quite a bit, also if you look in the bonnet you should be able to tell if the engine is moving about all over the place

also could be a fuelling or ignition issue depending if its kangarooing or "rocking"

check key and keyway on the crank pulley they can wear badly on g60 motors and cause engine timing problems. just a thought.

by rocking i mean the engine is jerking up and back very badly its shaking the entire car as if it were someone trying to drive a manual transmission who didnt know how... thats the best i can describing it, im not sure what you mean by "kangarooing" but i have a feeling thats what it is...

also if you have any pics of what i should check that woud be helpful.

Sounds like the fornt engine mount has left the buildng to me. Sort it quick before something else breaks........

Gavin

too late for that.... car just broke down today. towing into volkswagon tommorrow to find out what the problem is. wont start anymore