Martin_B

VDO Gauges

Hi all,

I have a set of oil pressure, oil temp & volt gauges doing nothing currently. I'm now looking to fit them to the Corrado when I get her.

The main questions are:

1. Is there a centre console available which can fit 3 gauges, or even 2 gauges in if necessary?

2. Are there already oil pressure & temp senders in the engine? Engine is a 1.8 16v.

Thanks!

I'm sure there's some other postings on this but the early corrados had a panel for two round gauges in the centre cubby hole.

there is also a feed in the existing loom from the top of the oil filter housing to the fuse board area (blue/ white wire) you need to replace one of the existing low pressure switches with a dual output sensor for the low pressure warning and variable feed to the oil pressure gauge.

you then need to take feeds for ignition switched power, illumination and earths from elsewhere in the dash looms, cig lighter is good.

the proper plastic gauge panel is discontinued, if you can't find one second hand then it's not too difficult to make something up.

Edited by davidwort