vw bobby

Will This Fuel Pump Work?

Hi all,

I just want to find out if this fuel pump will work on my car? My car is 1991 corrado KR 1.8 16v.

Here is a few pics of my original pump:

20130826_171315_zpsee47de65.jpg

20130826_171250_zps2e7f984e.jpg

20130826_161556_zpsdeabfa9a.jpg

20130826_161540_zpse4165e0e.jpg

20130826_161532_zpsc6826ad9.jpg

This is a few pics of my other pump:

IMG-20130903-WA0009_zps54ce8ae2.jpg

IMG-20130903-WA0008_zps1201e363.jpg

The second pump only had 1 internal pump, which is quite small in diameter compared to the original internal pump and the original one has a extra external pump, where the second one does not.

All help really appreciated

Cheers

Bobby

They both only have 1 pump. The one in the first few pics that looks like a pump is the accumulator.

I have removed the accumulator from my system as it was badly corroded.

What engine was in the golf that your new pump came from?

That new pump should work fine. I'm not very familiar with the 1.8, but someone else should be along soon to confirm.

\Paddy

Your original pic is the square fuel pump casing with the round pump inserted into it, the middle pics show the casing/ pump with the fuel pressure accumulator plumbed and tied to it. The one marked golf seems to be a casing and pump with a fuel filter attached

Cheers for the info guys, sorry I thought these were both pumps? :bonk:

So if the part is the fuel pressure accumulator, can this be removed and can I just run the pump and filter together?

Also the last 2 pics is the pump that I got and was told it was off a golf 2 gti 16v, but the size of the pump looks smaller to my original one? Will this not be a issue with the PSI that is flowed through both pumps?

Cheers

Bobby

looks like there are two diameter fuel pumps on k-jet mk2 golfs, 52 and 60mm depending on engine (KR 1.8 16v should be 60mm) :

[ATTACH=CONFIG]75560[/ATTACH]

the pump part number below shows the 'KR' Corrado one is the same as the golf 60mm one

[ATTACH=CONFIG]75561[/ATTACH]

unfortunately the narrower 52mm pump (that you seem to have) has a different fuel pump casing too (obviously the hole is 60mm not 52mm)

looks like you have a smaller mk2 golf pump :(

early 8v mk2 golfs had k-jet injection too, but with slightly different spec pumps, metering heads and injectors, looks like you have got an 8v and not 16v pump

Edited by davidwort