Sheppeydave1986

Corrado 1.8 16v petrol fumes:-(helllllp

Hello don't know if anyone can help I keep getting exhaust/petrol fumes come in the cabin with the windows down really rich smell changes if I give it a boot I keep getting a fuel smell from my fuel filler??

Check the pump and filter under the car, driver's side, metal fuel lines can corrode and the fuel pump casing and unions can leak

I have fitted a brand new main fuel pump new fuel tank sender pump new manifold gaskets just got a complete stainless exhaust fitted with new manifold gaskets new air box new inlet manifold gaskets:-(I'm running out of ideas it smells really strong petrol from filler cap after driving the car,there is a terminal on the filler that is all corroded??

I've replaced everything new main fuel pump new fuel tank sender pump complete stainless exhaust new manifold gaskets 3 times:-(new inlet gaskets throttle body gaskets new air box I'm running out of ideas it smells of really strong petrol from the filler cap would I smell this while driving?there is a terminal all corroded and snapped off on the filler neck?

The early cars don't seem to have the shut off flap in the top of the filler neck, my 1.8 doesn't anyway. I do get the odd whiff of petrol from it but not too bad.

I had a similar smell in my VR6. It was the connector on the fuel lines into the engine. I tightened them up to fix the issue and it hasn't reoccurred. I don't know much about the valver engine but it's worth a check.