Tempest

VW already mulling over successor for Winterkorn

Boss-news from VW. When big corporates like VW are thinking about successors to the ¨thrones of power¨, the press is always keen to report (and make money in the process).

So, the rumour mill has started as to who could be Martin Winterkorn´s (former Audi boss, current boss of the VW-brand and has been for the last few years) successor. VW want a techie at the top to run the VW brand (not to be confused with VW as a group), and are thus considering the development head-honchos within pretty much all their brands as well as Porsche CEO Mattias MÜller. It´ll be another 2 years till the cat is out of the bag, though. Good engineers amongst you lot, why not apply? :lol: Looks like an in-house job anyway ...

More importantly and more gossipy (that´s what we like) is the rumour that has been spread initially by the German Handelsblatt last week that Ober-Chef/big boss/head-honcho Piech might be leaving *shock* *gasp*, allegedly due to health reasons. Piech strongly has denied these rumours (¨I ain´t leaving my company yet, I ain´t dead yet!¨) and threatened to get the guillotine out as soon as he´s found out who´s spread this rumour. Nice one, Piech, that´s democracy at is best, eh?

Glad I drive Karmann, and old-school Porsche and NOT VW :lol:

Tempest