Smiithy

9a bike carb conversion, few questions.

Hi all.

Before the standard, use search its all covered comes up, i have read threads / articles on this conversion for days and days and just a few small things are left uncovered.

So i have a 9a, the ke-jet is driving me mad with running issues and leaky metering heads (ive had 3 on it now) so im going down the bike carb route for the cost effectiveness of it all. So i know most of it but have these few questions to ask.

1) Nobody seems to run the coolant though the carbs, if i took the time to have pipes made up, could i put the cars coolant though them to reduce / eliminate icing? or would it cause problems?

2) What do i do with all the KE management? leave it all in and just disconnect the hall sender and the metering head? or strip the lot out bar coolant sensors?

This is all i can think of now.

The plan is to get an early KR head (for the larger valves im lead to belive), have it ported and gas flowed (stock cams for a while) and build the carb setup onto it in the hope to swap the heads and connect it all up in a day.

The help would be really appreciated. Thanks

Also, im under the impression that i can run the standard dizzy cap and leads for the time being untill i get a mappable ignition system like the megajolt?

hi ive got a 9a in my mk1 golf on bike carbs you need the fuel pump off the bike saves having a regulator all ive got is temp oil pressure and the dissy wires

my carbs don't ice up there's plenty of info on gti forum[ATTACH=CONFIG]75736[/ATTACH]