Atki

Heater Matrix VR6 Rado

Hi all I just wanted to add to the very helpful info on how to change a Heater Matrix in a VR6 Corrado.

In addition to the list of 8 helpful hints please add the following: After you have removed the dash gubbins and dis-connected all of the components. Undo the mid air vent unit ( two nuts ) and slide it out to your left. Then unscrew the demister unit at the front ( this can be left loose as it falls off after you have pulled out the heater box ) Unscrew and slide out the bottom unit that blows hot or in my case cold air into the car ( it slides out into the drivers foot well ). THEN you can lift out the whole blower and heater assembly much more easily.

Refitting is much easier if you place the demister unit on the top of the heater box as you slide and persuade the thing back into place. the interior heater part will then slide back under from the drivers foot well quite easily.

Yes it is possible to do without removing the the whole dash board. Saved myself well over 800 notes doing it this way. So thanks Forum. Tops again.