delfinis38

headlignt bulb

had a quick look at changing a headlight bulb last night under torch light but gave up as it was too dark....

managed to get the cap of from the rear, but could not get the bulb out any tips (didn't try too hard as it was too dark).... or do I need to remove the complete headlight unit. will have another look before it gets dark.

it is possible to replace both headlights bulbs without removing the light itself

passenger side is fairly easy, though on both sides it is always a little tricky getting the bulb clips back on

drivers side is also fairly easy if you take a couple of mins to disconnect & remove the airbox

finally, daylight definitely helps!!! ;)

No one said it wasn't possible, but for the sake of 3 screws either side, removing the units makes life a lot easier. Of course assuming you don't encounter a rusty screw :norty:

No one said it wasn't possible, but for the sake of 3 screws either side, removing the units makes life a lot easier. Of course assuming you don't encounter a rusty screw :norty:

Indeed VR6, thats a mighty BIG assumption though ;) lol

if you do take the headlight out, which I agree is by far the easiest way of changing the bulbs, put some cardboard or carpet on the ground in front of the car, you don't want to be dropping the light unit on the ground if it slips while you are trying to unclip the loom from the light, ideally you need 4 hands to do this.

headlight out and bulb out.... only the bottom screw was rusty which I will change. had already changed top screws. looks like I have a bit of polishing to do behind headlight and front grill :)

currently have a Phillips H4 12342, what should I replace with upgraded bosch osram or Phillips any recommendations.

I run the same bulbs with a loom that's gotta be 15 years old now - much, much better than oem - first mod I'd do with another Corrado followed by the Wiper arms if they'd not been done before