deamon90002004

looking for some g60 info

hey all, i have just purchased a 91 g60, and want to know what would be the best sort of upgrades to keep it going?

i've read there is a problem with the wipers lifting at about 60mph and to replace with the lupo flat blades and that the timing belt bolt can snap and to replace with a 1.8 gti mk1 bolt

Get the charger checked out if there's no paperwork for it. And keep it in good health.

Apart from that regular servicing with good quality parts will see you right

I would stick with Synta Silver from the dealers, which is a 10W/40. Also make sure you use the correct oil filter with none return valve in it.

If the engine is stock, just ensure everything is running as it should before you start spending on modifications.

And like has been said above, ensure you have some service info on the charger for a peace of mind. If you cant afford a full rebuild immediately, try to replace the oil feed pipe to the charger and the belt if hasn't been done.

The mk1 DX engine code bolt is advised but VW modified the original crank bolt so I always fit these now, part number is N 903 208 02, I can help with supplying if needs be.

I echo what's said above and a charger check is certainly needed! We offer a free health check which can be done on a drive in basis or just a cost of postage.

Synta silver 10w40 is also what we advise using

Matt