Langsam

Uprated wiring loom install help

Hiya, I've just bought a uprated headlightloom. I have followed the instructions closely but for some reason when installing the loom my headlights don't work. I have tried on numerous occasions refitting the loom but they still don't work. I've now had to refit my original loom back but now my mainbeam, side lights and dipped lights come on together in any position on the light switch.

Can someone please send me some pictures of a loom fitted? with special attention to the back of both headlights.

Hello m8

Where did you get the loom from?

Ive fitted 2 of the 1's KUR2Y sells on here & they were a case of matching the wire colours positions to those on the factory connector.

i took a pic of the connector before removing so that it was easy to see the orientation & then positioning of the wires - not sure if i still have the pic tho - so you could try disconnecting the loom & putting the factory connector back on, check the lights function correctly & then match up your new loom ;)

I got mine from James153. I would as you've said but my headlight wiring has been hacked and messed about by the previous owner.

ewwww that looks massively different to the wiring & loom i have had to work with - no idea sorry

looks like you may need an auto electrician m8

it does look like 1 of the earth brown wires is split on the 1st pic tho - which cant help if it is

I got mine from James153. I would as you've said but my headlight wiring has been hacked and messed about by the previous owner.

Yuck, scotchloks are awful fitted anywhere, but under bonnet is a very very bad idea as water can get into the wire and corrode it!

Since I wrote the updated wiring loom article I have seen a few bad wiring jobs & relays & connections with corrosion.

If I were to rewrite the instructions I would suggest using solder & heat shrink or quality insulation tape, water proof relays and boxes to put them in.

In my cars I have been using the Phillips 100% brighter bulbs with original wiring and found this to be a huge improvement :-)

Cheers bryant_andy. Managed to get the uprate loom working, but will attacking the scotch locks this week by soldering and heat shrinking the connections.

Thanks for the heads up on the bulbs aswell