deamon90002004

91 g60 heater issues

hey all, i know this has been asked alot, but im having problems with my heater

i can start the car, heat comes out in a few seconds, water temp shows between 70 and 110, and it starts to blow cool air then cold, i turn the heat off for a few mins and then back on and heat comes back for a few seconds, water level is at constant max level even after a long run (i check to make sure of no leaks of any kind), i have no puddles anywhere in or around the car, i have read it could be an air lock or leak, but level is constantly at max, if it's an air lock how would i get rid of it? cap off heater on full and let it circulate?

Has it got the recall heater bypass valve? a little block added into the 2 pipes going into the bulkhead?

These tend to pack up and heaters work upto around 70 then just blow cold!

If it's an air lock then best way is using a vacuum machine that vacuums the coolant pipes then the pipes fill themselves with coolant from a bucket, but we don't all have one of these so the only other way is like you say, but this tends to just make older engines boil over and it takes a long time of warming engine up and cooling it down, mk2/corrado are a right pain to bleed!

i will have to have a look,

the car isn't far from 108k, so i don't wanna cook the block, but on my mk2 golf i did take the cap off, rev the engine and top it up as i had to and that never had an air lock after i did that

vw moved the water pump? mine i think is still on the front of the block

so what can i do to remove the heater bypass valve? i read somewhere a couple pieces of copper pipe with a small kink in to restrict flow, but i want the best option i can do