almeidk

Help with newly revived VR6!

Hey guys new to the forum but have had tons of help and really starting to love this forum. thanks in advance for any input.

Ok so i just bought a 94 corrado that had been sitting for 2 years.

the motor has been swapped with a 02-04 mk4 vr6 motor.

i changed fluids, filters, cleaned spark plugs and have drained as much gas as i could before filling with 94 octane gas.

the car starts up no problem but sounds a little rough and a little tappy.

the voltmeter reads 14v on start up and 13v when the fans come on and about 12v with everything else going(blower, defrost, lights, wipers, etc).

after driving the car around the block the car stalled on me after i got to about 50km and let off the gas.

the guy i bought the car off took it to a import mechanic who specializes in vw.

i went to talk to him and he remembers the car.

he told me the volt issue is because the motor has performance pulleys on it and that changes the belt speed.

he said the car has always had a small rough idle issue and the guy i bought it off drove it with the rough idle for appx 40000 km or so.

i forgot to ask him about the tappy sound anyone have any thoughts is that common?(keep in mind the motor is mk4 vr6)

He said the stall might be from a faulty egr valve( or something that sounds like that)..any idea which valve could cause this ? all vacuum hoses look good at first glance

the last thing i noticed was that what i think is the oil breather hose (connects to air filter hose) was a little oily/dirty and drips very slightly onto exhaust heat shield. Also the sensor on that breather hose is kinda oily.

If anyone has any input on how to resolve this rough idle issue it is greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance.

kevin