Sign in to follow this  
Dirtysouth

Coilovers FK?

I am looking to get some suspension after going to inters and seeing all the phat motors up there!!! I dnt want to spend too much as i dnt use it for track days or anything like that but i do want a good ride. I am considering the FK Highsport kit cost around £460inc vat, does anyone have this kit on there motor? and would they recommend it? or is there another kit which is as good for similar price or a little more? need to get one asap..

Cheers Muks

I have the FK Highsports - best thing I ever bought for the car, instant and very noticable improvement in cormering and appearance with a 40mm drop. After they were bedded in (which took me about 4 weeks) the ride was very nearly as comfortable as the standard set up too, so the non-adjustable damping seemed to strike an excellent compromise right out of the box. Certainly they were good enough to make damping adjustability totally superflous to me.

I've not driven other C's with different coilover setups installed so I can only compare with the OEM standard. But if you check this forum and others, especially Golf forums, you'll find FKs have a good rep overall. And you can't really go wrong at the price IMO.

we have FK Highsports on thhe missus polo, and all i can say is im amazed at the quality of the ride, brilliant, wouldnt change them if i could. on the polo, i had to let it bed down, cause the lowest setting on the back wasnt low enough, but its fine now :) the ride is top notch and is really comfortable, well happy

on my rado i have FK Konigsports. again well happy with these, they are amazing, firm like 'proper' coilovers should be :lol: but they;re amazing when you let them bed in and set them right (front and backs should actually be different, folk who dont are wasting them)

if you just want looks and improved handling, go for high sports, for looks and possibly better handling, go for konig sports