p0l1wrath

Original locking system

Would someone be able to confirm whether the Corrado's come as standard with central locking? Mine is fitted with a clifford alarm, and don't have any other experiences with other Corrado's!

Cheers

Yep - standard is just operated off the key though - the system is electrically pumped pneumatic. The pump is in the boot on the back edge of the driver's side wheel arch.

Your clifford could either be wired into the standard system, or I've heard of fitters that don't understand it retro fitting electric actuators instead/as well as the pneumatic setup(!)

Yeh it seems a lot of people go down the route of just ripping it out, but when it worked i really liked it!

when i try to arm the system i get 4 flashes which means the was a problem locking the boot, which is wrong the boot always locks fine, and then this causes the system to think someone is breaking into the boot so it always goes off, i have the siren set to off, but it still flashes until i got and disarm it, at the moment i just use the key to lock it and the fob to unlock.

Its a clifford concept 50, installed in 1997, everywhere i ring just tries to sell me a new system, and wont touch this one

Alot of alarm fitters wire the boot up by connecting the wiring into the boot light, so that when the light makes a circuit(lights up) the alarm will go off if not disarmed.

It might be worth pulling the boot light out and seeing what the wiring is like.

Also if you remove the fuse box cover and look up in the gap between the dash and fuse board you might see where the alarm connects to the central locking, look for two spliced wires as this is a common place on corrados for the alarm to be connected to the central locking.

^ I'd agree with that. The only thing that "knows" if the boot's open is the boot light switch, so it's either that, or they've fitted a separate Clifford switch (like the bonnet one)

The boot light switch switches earth though (from memory)- just thought I'd flag that up!