thesingh

New Clutch for 2.0 8v advice

Need to replace my clutch. Normally I would go to TPS or VW dealer and order my self an original clutch replacement. I was wondering if any one could recommend using any sort of high performance clutch for my 2.0 8v. Will it improve performance at all? is it worth it? This is what I saw earlier on today. http://www.venommotorsport.com/product_details.php?id=43440&manufacturer=Black%20Diamond&category=Brake

Thanks for any advice.

I've currently got my 16v apart, the original clutch was made by Sachs so I got a replacement from Euro Car Parts for about £100. I bought the car with 56k miles on the clock so I'm 99% sure it was the original, there was plenty of wear left in the friction material at 137k miles.

It's not worth fitting an uprated clutch unless you're planning on a big power upgrade in the near future.

Neil

94 Flash Red 16v

Yep, the standard clutch in the 8v is more than up to the job, an uprated friction disc and release plate is likely to make it heavy and aggressive, basically ruining the gearchange and possibly increasing wear on the box and driveshaft joints.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Both Master Cylinder and Slave Cylinder have already been replaced. Besides getting the clutch kit is there anything else I should change at the same time?

release bearing in the middle of the release arm (usually comes with clutch kit) and inspect the release arm for wear too