Sign in to follow this  
BigTartanJudge

Wheel Centre Bore Machining and Fitment

Hey all,

Does anyone know where I could get the centre bore of my alloys precision machined / engineered to increase it by 0.6 mm to fit my Corrado perfectly ? I have found a set of alloys that are originally (I think) Vauxhall fitment, which have a centre bore of 56.5mm, not 57.1mm which they are on VW's. Also, does anyone know if adapters can be used to fit wheels which are 5 x 112 PCD onto EITHER 4 or 5-stud VW hubs?

Cheers,

BigEastsideVWG60

never heard of anyone sueing a set of adapters before. jees, take about claim culture :lol:

only joking. what ET are they?

Hmmn...,

The only Audi to use 5 x 112 PCD is Audi 100 from 1990> and A4, A6, A8, S2, S4, S6 1996>. I wonder if they would fit onto a Corrado G60, anyone know? Also any ideas about where to get wheel centre bores slightly machined?

Cheers,

BigEastsideVWG60

Hi all,

I am still looking to get these wheels machined. However, I noticed that when I took my Borbet B's off my C, the centre bore was originally 56.5mm and not the 57.1mm which is standard VW. The inside of the wheel centre bores had been fitted with a set of hub-centric centre bore spacers / adapters to increase the centre bore from 56.5 to 57.1mm. Unfortunatley, I had to sell these adapters with the wheels as the guy who has bought them needs them to fit the wheels to his own car. The adapters had no manufacturers name on them but had a number (should have taken a note of it, duh..,).

Does anyone know of any stockists or places in the UK that sell these things because I need to get a set ASAP otherwise I will have to get the centre bores of the wheels machined which is a tad expensive :shock:

Cheers,

BigEastsideVWG60

south coast wheels in southampton will probably be able to help you out if you have all of the dimensions you need... 8)

South Coast Wheels

60 Commercial Road

Southampton

SO15 1GD,

Tel: 44 (0)2380 637972

Fax: 44 (0)2380 230729

http://www.southcoastwheels.co.uk/

Hey all,

I am dropping my wheels off tomorrow to the metalworkers to get the centre bores machined to allow them to fit my hubs perfectly, all for £10 per wheels, bargain methinks :)

Also, I am needing some more advice on some other wheel issues. I am interested in purchasing a set of other wheels for my C. The problem is that the bolt pattern of the wheels is 4 x 98 PCD as opposed to the 4 x 100PCD of the Corrado. Is it possible to get the bolt pattern altered to accept the C fitment or do I have to get a set of adapters made up (or are these available off the shelf?). Any help would be most appreciated,

Cheers,

BigEastsideVWG60

This is a simple one. You need a bolt with a loose shim or neck, this allows the seat to shift slightly making up the difference in the patterns.

I can supply these for next to nowt, pm me if you want em.

They are used by almost all alloy wheel suppliers, including ourselves, in order to ufit the very popular 4/100 drill onto the not so popular 4/98 vehicles eg. fiat's and alfa's.

yup, was away to say that... wobbly bolts there called.

my mate drives a fiat and needs them to run euro VW rims

nah,

its sweet enough. its just a nick name for em, its cause theres a sleeve round them thaat wobbles, thats all. bolts tighten the wheels nice and flat onto the hub.